Why are changes not saving on Network Share?

Hi ,

We meet an issue since with update to Ventura. We cannot save file on network share.

When we open an existing file and try to save it. An empty directory is created with the same file name + some letter but changes are not saved.

It's happen with different software Adobe suite , Office suite but also with TextEdit

It works with a previous version of OSX Maverick.

It tried different smb configuration v1 /V2 V3 only nothing help.

Is anyone meet the same issue and solved it?

Regards

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 3, 2023 2:17 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 5, 2023 8:37 AM in response to OliverL30

Hello OliverL30,

There are a few ways to connect to a shared server, you can learn how to do that here: Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers - Apple Support

If you can’t locate a shared computer or server or connect to it, it may not be available, or you may not have permission to connect to it. Contact the person who owns the computer or the network administrator for help.

Thanks.

May 15, 2023 7:18 AM in response to OliverL30

Hey OliverL30,

Thanks for clarifying, so you’re connected to a network storage device, but cannot save to it. We’re not aware of any widespread issues with doing so, so it would appear the issue is isolated to your network or drive.

We’d suggest disconnecting from your network storage device, and setting it back up again using the steps in our last response in order to establish a fresh new connection with the drive. If issues persist, restart your modem/router to troubleshoot any potential network issues causing the problems.

Keep us posted on the results and we’ll go from there. If all else fails though, you may want to move the contents of a drive elsewhere to back them up, and then reformat the drive and set it back up again using these steps: Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

May 7, 2024 12:42 PM in response to OliverL30

I also have a problem with Sonoma and saving email attachments to a network technology Drive, I can see the Drive but I'm unable to browse inside to drive and set a target folder for the attachment to be saved to, since moving to macOS a month ago I found it to be a very poor experience compared to windows despite its initial polish. It seems to be very lacking in some areas although windows is ugly and quite clunky, It does seem to get the job done.

Why are changes not saving on Network Share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.