Monterey wont open in Ventura

Using Mac Mini M1 with latest Ventura OSx. I have downloaded Monterey from App store to install on an external SSD. Mac wont let me open Monterey to install on SSD as I am in a newer OSx (Ventura).

Please advise.

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 3, 2023 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 3:33 AM

1 - It is suggested to Create a Bootable Installer of Monterey

2 - Once that is achieved , the user will be required to change the Startup Security on this Apple Silicon Computer.

3 - About Startup Security Utility on a Mac with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support

3 - This will ALLOW the user to Boot From the Monterey Bootable Installer created in the previous step

4 - Boot into the Bootable Installer drive and direct the Installation to the Desired External Drive

EDITED

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 3:33 AM in response to Hands168

1 - It is suggested to Create a Bootable Installer of Monterey

2 - Once that is achieved , the user will be required to change the Startup Security on this Apple Silicon Computer.

3 - About Startup Security Utility on a Mac with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support

3 - This will ALLOW the user to Boot From the Monterey Bootable Installer created in the previous step

4 - Boot into the Bootable Installer drive and direct the Installation to the Desired External Drive

EDITED

Monterey wont open in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.