Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

After updating to Ventura 13.3, Preview always crashes when attempting to perform basic functions

After updating to Ventura 13.3, Preview always crashes when attempting to perform basic functions.

Anyone else experiencing this?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 3, 2023 3:27 PM

6 replies

May 4, 2023 4:54 AM in response to etresoft

Processor - 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

Memory - 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I'm running Ventura 13.3.1 (a) (sorry) updated a few weeks ago.

I'm attempting to crop images and limit file size before importing them to Photos by saving them as jpg's not png's.

Details -

After opening an Image file (I've tried various image files) on my desktop - Preview automatically opens.

Preview>File>Take Screenshot>From Selection and drag my depressed cursor across the original image to crop it. I release the cursor and a new "cropped image" is automatically created.

In an effort to save the new "cropped image" I chose - Preview>File>Export and Preview immediately crashes and I get the Preview quit unexpectedly error box and I chose to Report the error to Apple.

I've tried the elementary steps many times of:

Preview>File>Open Recent>Clear Menu

Opening/Closing then Reopening Preview

Cleared History from Safari

Shutting down and Restarting Mac

Shutting down and Restarting Router.

And after restarting the Mac, only opening the Preview app to perform the basic task in Preview outlined above.

Same result - always crashes.

Thank you for any suggestions.

After updating to Ventura 13.3, Preview always crashes when attempting to perform basic functions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.