Trouble Getting FCP to open.

When I try to open Final Cut Pro, the opening screen displays "Validating Audio Units...IK Multimedia: TR5 Sunset Sound Studio Reverb (53/93)". My IK Multimedia software isn't even used in FCP but instead for my Pro Tools App. I trashed TR5, which I wasn't using anyway. I also moved FCP to trash, now several times and reloaded fresh from the App Store. Still the same indication. I created a new account and got a slightly different result. FCP booted with the same "Validating..." indication, but it had a different name and number, like 53/93 but the first number started increasing with different files as if actually validating. It kept freezing but when I would restart FCP the number would keep increasing until it finally got to 93/93 and FCP opened normally. In my primary account it stays stuck at 53/93. Please help.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 4, 2023 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 8:34 PM

Many, many threads here about FCP failing AU validation after the macOS 13.3.1 security update. Until Apple releases a fix, the workaround is to remove the 3rd party AU plugins that are failing (which might be some, many or all), or rename the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder to something like Components.ignore. You might also have to rename your home directory's ~/LibraryAudio/Plug-Ins/Components folder. Then launch FCP and it won't scan these AU folders. If you need to use a DAW like Logic or ProTools, rename the folder(s) back to Components.

Send Apple your feedback via Final Cut Pro>Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...  or use this link Feedback - Final Cut Pro - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2023 8:34 PM in response to NicholasTesluk

Many, many threads here about FCP failing AU validation after the macOS 13.3.1 security update. Until Apple releases a fix, the workaround is to remove the 3rd party AU plugins that are failing (which might be some, many or all), or rename the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder to something like Components.ignore. You might also have to rename your home directory's ~/LibraryAudio/Plug-Ins/Components folder. Then launch FCP and it won't scan these AU folders. If you need to use a DAW like Logic or ProTools, rename the folder(s) back to Components.

Send Apple your feedback via Final Cut Pro>Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...  or use this link Feedback - Final Cut Pro - Apple

Trouble Getting FCP to open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.