phone number id and email id merge

I have two Apple id's one with my phone number and the other with my email id so how do I merge them together? I barely used my email id one

Posted on May 5, 2023 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 5:47 AM

AppleID accounts cannot be merged. The best that you can hope to achieve is to sign-out from the AppleID that you use least (or is less important to you) - and then use the AppleID that you use most on all of your devices.

When signing-out of an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of any iCloud data associated with that AppleID account. If you choose to save a local copy while signing-out, data will be merged with the AppleID account that you next use to sign-in to iCloud from that device.

If you do not save a local copy of iCloud data when signing-out, all associated iCloud data will be deleted from the device - and will not be merged with the AppleID that is next used when signing-in to iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 5:47 AM in response to harika5

AppleID accounts cannot be merged. The best that you can hope to achieve is to sign-out from the AppleID that you use least (or is less important to you) - and then use the AppleID that you use most on all of your devices.

When signing-out of an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of any iCloud data associated with that AppleID account. If you choose to save a local copy while signing-out, data will be merged with the AppleID account that you next use to sign-in to iCloud from that device.

If you do not save a local copy of iCloud data when signing-out, all associated iCloud data will be deleted from the device - and will not be merged with the AppleID that is next used when signing-in to iCloud.

phone number id and email id merge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.