tied to another apple ID??

So... for whatever reason when I setup my new(to me)iphone 12 my wife's apple ID is attached to it somehow( I had to use her old phone at some point... maybe thats why). But Now I can't download an app or even update an app without her approval... HELP!!!

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 5, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 9:08 AM

Did you use a backup or Quick Transfer from another iPhone?

If so, some Apps, or even the App Store may still be tied to her Apple ID as was set on the previous iPhone.

Check Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases and make sure your own Apple ID is signed in there.

Also, any apps downloaded with her Apple ID on the previous iPhone you used to set up this one, would remain tied to that Apple ID, and would require it to download again and update always. You will need to find said apps and delete them to sever the ties.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 9:08 AM in response to bcolea

Did you use a backup or Quick Transfer from another iPhone?

If so, some Apps, or even the App Store may still be tied to her Apple ID as was set on the previous iPhone.

Check Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases and make sure your own Apple ID is signed in there.

Also, any apps downloaded with her Apple ID on the previous iPhone you used to set up this one, would remain tied to that Apple ID, and would require it to download again and update always. You will need to find said apps and delete them to sever the ties.

tied to another apple ID??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.