Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store asking for another Apple ID

Previously both my phone and my wife's phone were linked to the same Apple ID and my wife wanted to change this to link her phone (iPhone 6S) to her Apple ID. Since doing this there is a problem in downloading some app updates from the App Store using my wife's Apple ID. To update these apps I need to log her phone out of her Apple ID and reconnect her phone to my Apple ID. How can one fix this so that all app updates can be downloaded from the App Store using her Apple ID?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 1:23 AM

2 replies

Jun 5, 2022 1:50 AM in response to Smilin-Brian

I understand that apps must be purchased separately, but the apps that cannot update are all free apps, they were not purchased. I have tried deleting these apps on my wife's phone and downloading them using her Apple ID, but these updates don't download unless I switch to my Apple ID. Surely there must be a way to remove these app that were downloaded from my Apple ID and reload a fresh app under her Apple ID?

App Store asking for another Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.