One-touch dialing for conference calls not working

I use my iphone for multiple conference calls every day. I have a standard conference call number and PIN that I use for most calls, and send out invites that include the phone number, two commas, and the PIN (999-333-4444,,123456#). To initiate a call all I have to do is tap on the number and it dials me in. It has worked great for years.

Over the past couple of weeks the conference call service has stopped recognizing the PIN#. It says that I have not entered a valid PIN, conference ID, etc. I use Microsoft Teams for conference calling, but this occurs on other dial-ins that are not from Teams. When I manually enter the PIN it works fine.

Others in my firm have encountered the same problem, all with iPhones. It seems as though something has recently changed that has caused one-touch dialing to cease to function. Any advice?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 5, 2023 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 5:46 AM

As a work around for our Teams meetings, we edit the link on new and reoccurring meetings so that they look like this, 999-333-4444,,1,2,3,4,5,6#. While it takes 15 seconds to enter in the pin, it does work. It seems that the pin is entered in too fast and some of the digits are lost. Even if I do 12,34,56#, it doesn't work.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 5:46 AM in response to c_drhodes

As a work around for our Teams meetings, we edit the link on new and reoccurring meetings so that they look like this, 999-333-4444,,1,2,3,4,5,6#. While it takes 15 seconds to enter in the pin, it does work. It seems that the pin is entered in too fast and some of the digits are lost. Even if I do 12,34,56#, it doesn't work.

May 10, 2023 10:16 AM in response to c_drhodes

No advice, but I'll add to it. It's the same for WebEx and it started with the 16.4.1 update. 16.4.1(a) has the same issue. There was a similar issue last year (unsure of timing) where one touch dialing stopped working until it was fixed in a later update. That time wouldn't dial, this one seems to dial and then has an issue. It's very inconvenient.

May 12, 2023 7:56 AM in response to c_drhodes

Same here. Happens with Teams and Zoom so far.

Getting ready to send a company wide email to see how many other users are affected but haven't reported it because they may only use the audio call in intermittently.

Extra tricky. I have 16.4.1(a) on my phone SE2 and it works just fine. So there is still a piece of the puzzle here that we do not know about.

Also, if you go to edit the meeting number in a past Teams invite, make sure you edit the link itself, I had only edited the number displayed and then when I tested, the commas were not there. Then I realized the number and meeting ID are imbedded in the link. Back to the meeting notes and right click to "Manage link settings > Edit."

One-touch dialing for conference calls not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.