Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

My phone isn’t ringing or notifying me of new texts or calls

My phone isn’t ringing or notifying me of new texts or calls. Volume is up and notifications are turned on. Any ideas?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on May 5, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 11:09 AM

Some things to check:

The ring/silent switch on the left side of the phone. See the following Apple article: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Check the ringer volume at Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone & Alert Volume.

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Do Not Disturb. See: Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If none of the above, also try restarting. See instructions in: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 11:09 AM in response to malindi65

Some things to check:

The ring/silent switch on the left side of the phone. See the following Apple article: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Check the ringer volume at Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone & Alert Volume.

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Do Not Disturb. See: Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If none of the above, also try restarting. See instructions in: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

My phone isn’t ringing or notifying me of new texts or calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.