How can I rid myself of a hacker for good

I was robbed of my iPhone11 last September and was unable to block it or find its location as it was permanently offline. I suspect the thief is now logging in occasionally in order to access my personal information.

This message randomly appears on my XS Max’ screen while my phone is in use…

“Your network provider may charge for sms messages used to activate iCloud”

I also receive frequent text messages lately stating that my lost iPhone has been switched on and it prompts me to click on a link which seems very suspicious.

Posted on May 5, 2023 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 4:53 PM

Here is what to do:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Read this, as well:

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support (There’s a PDF at the bottom)

Get two-factor authentication enabled, and regain full control of your Apple ID:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 4:53 PM in response to Mitchie2406

Here is what to do:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Read this, as well:

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support (There’s a PDF at the bottom)

Get two-factor authentication enabled, and regain full control of your Apple ID:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

May 5, 2023 4:54 PM in response to Mitchie2406

edit- Listen to Mr. Hoffman👍

my two cents:

IMMEDIATELY CHANGE APPLE ID PASSWORD

if you can, remove it from your Apple ID account on another device you’ve signed into with your Apple ID

And change all other account passwords you used on the old device.

contact your service provider and carrier that it has been stolen and ask them to remove it from data plans, etc.

DO NOT click weird links from the old phone

DO NOT even open messages from it

CHANGE ALL PASSWORDS

May 5, 2023 5:06 PM in response to Mitchie2406

I had my brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max stolen after 3 months of owning it and I was never able use the find my phone to locate it and I was upset because going through Assurion I was not able to get a brand new phone and was stuck getting refurbished phones that didn’t work properly so I’m patiently waiting for the new iPhone 15 to be released in September to replace the 13 pro max

May 5, 2023 5:17 PM in response to Sheilamontoya

Sheilamontoya wrote:

I had my brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max stolen after 3 months of owning it and I was never able use the find my phone to locate it.

Find My works for lost stuff (while the lost device has power and communications), but usually not for stolen stuff. Thieves generally prefer to avoid being located, after all.

…and I was upset because going through Assurion I was not able to get a brand new phone…

Replacement value insurance can be available for purchase from some insurers, but usually (always?) costs more. Check the fine print in the particular insurance contract. Same basic thing can happen with car insurance. The current value of something is almost always less than the replacement value of the thing.

…and was stuck getting refurbished phones that didn’t work properly so I’m patiently waiting for the new iPhone 15 to be released in September to replace the 13 pro max

Presumably, there have been repair-related discussions with Apple.

How can I rid myself of a hacker for good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.