Accessibility - subtitles

Hey!

I have an Apple TV 4k (1st generation). Software updated, connected with apple ID and icloud.

Few month ago the subtitles style changed. and i cant change it back. its possible to change it to a bigger size for example, but i cant change the Font style.

Thanks

Apple TV 4K (1st generation)

Posted on May 6, 2023 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 3:04 AM

You can change the subtitle style in tvOS Settings, to one of a limited number of fonts. And third party apps may have their own alternate style (“Video Overrides Style”), or third party apps may ignore the device settings and force their own style.

Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Style﹥Edit Styles﹥[named style or new style]﹥Font﹥…

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 3:04 AM in response to Tomer947

You can change the subtitle style in tvOS Settings, to one of a limited number of fonts. And third party apps may have their own alternate style (“Video Overrides Style”), or third party apps may ignore the device settings and force their own style.

Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Style﹥Edit Styles﹥[named style or new style]﹥Font﹥…

May 8, 2023 4:28 AM in response to Tomer947

It depends on the app in which you wish to see subtitles or captions.

The TV app follows the setting when I try that (Courier).

The Movies app follows the setting.

The Amazon Prime Video app follows the setting.

The Computers app does not follow the setting.

The Netflix app does not follow the setting.

I only tested Latin script. It may be different for other scripts.

Accessibility - subtitles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.