Water spillage on Macbook pro

Hello

About 10 minutes I accidentally knocked over my water onto my mac, its one of those insulation bottles and the water flowed from the opening onto the top right side of my macbook, near the powerbutton, the speakers and in the gap which allows the screen to fold. (Ifykwim).

I immediately flipped it upside down and shook it to get the water off then i flipped it back to dry the water with a tissue. After doing research I have the mac flipped upside down with the keyboard laying on a microfibre cloth.

Will it be fine? It still worked and I kept shutting it down because it kept turning on again if anything touched the keyboard. I shut it down 5 times and 2 times when i did the screen flashed pink before shutting off. I’m very paranoid, will it be okay? Is it going to stop working completely in a few days?? Is it going to end up not turning on again? 😭 Please I need to know, I’m genuinely so scared.

I also blew it for a minute or less with a fan but the fan died.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 6, 2023 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 3:16 PM

So sorry to hear about your “accident”, soph160 ( but they do happen) . I’d suggest you take it in for evaluation , either at your local AASP ( apple authorized service provider) or by contacting your local Apple store with a Genius Bar, explain to them the situation… see what either one has to say… IF you had already bought AppleCare + for it, one accident might be covered, but I don’t know if you bought it or not… the evaluation is free at an Apple Store

John B

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 3:16 PM in response to soph160

So sorry to hear about your “accident”, soph160 ( but they do happen) . I’d suggest you take it in for evaluation , either at your local AASP ( apple authorized service provider) or by contacting your local Apple store with a Genius Bar, explain to them the situation… see what either one has to say… IF you had already bought AppleCare + for it, one accident might be covered, but I don’t know if you bought it or not… the evaluation is free at an Apple Store

John B

May 6, 2023 4:56 PM in response to soph160

Will it be fine?

Without your taking Johnb-one's advice to have it evaluated, no one here knows. Every spill incident is different. Some computers survive without issue; some require repair; some will be damaged beyond repair

Issues resulting from spills can appear days for weeks later. If you have homeowners'/renters' insurance tha covers your tech (many such policies do) put them on notice now of a potential loss in case your outcome falls in the "bad" to "terrible" range.

Water spillage on Macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.