Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Ipad Photo Library

I don’t want my child to have access to my photo library. On her ipad, how do I get her her own photo library? Make a new apple ID?

Posted on May 6, 2023 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 3:19 PM

Sharing an AppleID between users is a bad idea.

Your child should have their own AppleID - in fact, every user should have their own AppleID. This is essential to maintain intended separation of activities and to avoid unintended sharing of unintended information and data. Done properly, you’ll not have any issues with content related to your child appearing on your own devices.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and in considering appropriate controls while continuing to share Apps and paid Apple services if you should choose to do so:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 3:19 PM in response to ahl302

Sharing an AppleID between users is a bad idea.

Your child should have their own AppleID - in fact, every user should have their own AppleID. This is essential to maintain intended separation of activities and to avoid unintended sharing of unintended information and data. Done properly, you’ll not have any issues with content related to your child appearing on your own devices.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and in considering appropriate controls while continuing to share Apps and paid Apple services if you should choose to do so:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Ipad Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.