Backups

Where can I see my Good Notes auto-backup documents in iCloud? My Ipad says that I have more 2GB stored data in iCloud, but for some reason, when I enter icloud.com I don't see my documents that allegedly been backed up.

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 7, 2023 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 1:54 AM

Backing-up to your iCloud backup - and synchronising your documents to iCloud file storage - and two entirely different things.

Any files that are included within an iCloud backup are not accessible as individual files. The backup is intended to be used to restore lost files in the case of disaster - such as loss, theft, or replacing a device that has been damaged.

Files that you copy to your iCloud file-storage are accessible using the Files App - choosing the iCloud location from the Files App sidebar.

The iCloud User Guide may provide a better understanding of how to use your iCloud storage:

iCloud User Guide - Apple Support

Similarly, these sections of the iPad User Guide explains backup and restore of an iCloud backup to a device:

Back up iPad - Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 1:54 AM in response to tomer249

Backing-up to your iCloud backup - and synchronising your documents to iCloud file storage - and two entirely different things.

Any files that are included within an iCloud backup are not accessible as individual files. The backup is intended to be used to restore lost files in the case of disaster - such as loss, theft, or replacing a device that has been damaged.

Files that you copy to your iCloud file-storage are accessible using the Files App - choosing the iCloud location from the Files App sidebar.

The iCloud User Guide may provide a better understanding of how to use your iCloud storage:

iCloud User Guide - Apple Support

Similarly, these sections of the iPad User Guide explains backup and restore of an iCloud backup to a device:

Back up iPad - Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

Backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.