Spoken Content Bug: Asynchronous Narrator and Word Highlight

On macOS, there is the Accessibility feature `Spoken Content` which narrates highlighted text with a colored cursor. This feature works perfectly for short texts, but starts to break when texts get too long. I've been a MacBook user since 2012, and this problem has never been fixed—I've had the same bug across different machines, so I believe this isn't computer-dependent but an unfixed bug in the OS.

Are there any plans to fix this feature? It is amazing for studying, and really helps me focus on my reading. Microsoft managed to implement a similar feature within the Edge browser called `Read Aloud,` which works flawlessly. It would be amazing to see similar or better solutions on macOS.

Here, you can see a screen recording showing how the narrator gets desynchronized from the word highlight after a few sentences.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on May 7, 2023 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

These are user supported communities of which the Apple product teams do not participate. Thus, we have no information about any Apple internal future product planning and speculation about that is prohibited in the communities.

Similar questions

1 reply

Spoken Content Bug: Asynchronous Narrator and Word Highlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.