Verification required message

I keep on having a verification required message when i download or update apps and i dont know why. I tried everything that was proposed, i logged of and relogged, i tried adding a payment card but it said that it had failed and i cant be owing money to the app store because every time i buyed something with apple i used a debit card and i canceled all my subscriptions so i just want to know how to fix it

Posted on May 7, 2023 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 3:42 PM

Tap: Settings > [your name at the top] > Media & Purchases > View Account > Review Apple ID and check your payment information is current. Even if you only want something that is free, resolving any payment issue will be required if you already have any payment form on record.

- Are you (still) using a valid payment method? --> Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

- If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support - various reasons why payment method is declined.

- If this abruptly started happening try removing and re-entering your payment information -

Remove a payment method --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

- Do the name, address (all spelling, letter case and punctuation), and card numbers exactly match those you have entered? You didn't mis-type anything?

- You entered the 3 digit security code for the card? Correctly?

- The country for the bank and your address are the same as the iTunes Store country you are using?

- See the end of the document linked above for special measures that may be necessary for some cards, plus about contacting your financial institution to make sure your records match.

If you still have a problem use this link to contact Apple: Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 3:42 PM in response to Alecgallant

Tap: Settings > [your name at the top] > Media & Purchases > View Account > Review Apple ID and check your payment information is current. Even if you only want something that is free, resolving any payment issue will be required if you already have any payment form on record.

- Are you (still) using a valid payment method? --> Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

- If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support - various reasons why payment method is declined.

- If this abruptly started happening try removing and re-entering your payment information -

Remove a payment method --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

- Do the name, address (all spelling, letter case and punctuation), and card numbers exactly match those you have entered? You didn't mis-type anything?

- You entered the 3 digit security code for the card? Correctly?

- The country for the bank and your address are the same as the iTunes Store country you are using?

- See the end of the document linked above for special measures that may be necessary for some cards, plus about contacting your financial institution to make sure your records match.

If you still have a problem use this link to contact Apple: Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Verification required message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.