AirPods Pro Spatial Audio not working

I cannot get Spatial Audio to work on my first generation AirPods Pro, please help. I tried turning on and off Mono Audio, restarting my iPad, restarting my Mac, factory resetting my Airpods, and updating the software of my Mac, iPad, and Airpods, and I still can't get it to work. I only see the option for noise canceling, transparency mode, etc.

Thank you

-Penn

AirPods Pro

Posted on May 7, 2023 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 3:27 PM

Thanks for replying, penn177, and that additional info. Since you are still having an issue with this, please contact Apple directly for further investigation:

Get Support

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

3 replies

May 10, 2023 2:15 PM in response to penn177

Hello penn177,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this with you.

We'd like to start by making sure you're following the correct directions to enable this feature as outlined in Listen with spatial audio for AirPods and Beats - Apple Support. Please review the steps below and let us know if they are helpful.

Turn on spatial audio on your iPhone or iPad

1. Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation), AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your iPhone or iPad.
2. Open Control Center on your iPhone or on your iPad.
3. Touch and hold the volume control to turn on spatial audio while you're playing multichannel content or Spatialize Stereo while you're playing two-channel stereo content. This also shows you the status icons.
4. When you turn on spatial audio with head tracking, audio adjusts based on your head movement. To turn on spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Head Tracked. To turn on spatial audio only, tap Fixed. To turn off spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Off.

Turn on spatial audio on your Mac with Apple silicon
1. Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation), AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your Mac.
2. Click the AirPods or Beats icon in the menu bar to see Spatial Audio listed while you’re playing multichannel content, or Spatialize Stereo while you’re playing two-channel stereo content.
3. Click Head Tracked to turn on spatial audio and dynamic head tracking. To turn on spatial audio only, click Fixed. To turn off spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, click Off.

Best regards.

AirPods Pro Spatial Audio not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.