How to find my right AirPod?

Hi

I lost my case then I found it (manually since it was disconnected so the My Find couldn’t locate it) but it had only the left AirPod in.

I’m trying to find my right AirPod but it doesn’t work.

On the app, it says that both of my AirPods are “together”/at the same place. When I have my left AirPod in its case and I press “play sound”, I can play a sound on my left and right AirPods (both become purple, picture 1). If I have my left AirPod in my hand, for example, I can only play a sound on my right AirPod (the left one is greyed out) but my left AirPod is always ringing anyway (picture 2)

No matter what I do, my left AirPod is ringing. If I mute the right AirPod to only make my left AirPod ring, it stops everything. Nothing play a sound.

And, obviously, I can’t hear my right AirPod anywhere… I kinda feel like it’s not ringing even though it says it does…

picture 1 (when my left AirPod is in case, looking for my right one. I can disable the left sound but it still ring in my left AirPod. I can disable the right sound but it stops everything and I return to the home page.)

picture 2 (when my left AirPod is out of its case, still looking for my right one. Cannot “play sound” on my left one, it is greyed out and I can’t make it purple but it still rings anyway. I can disable the right sound but it stops everything and I returned to the home page.)

picture 3 (both of them are supposed to be located at the same place but I only have my left one and I can only hear my left one even if im playing a sound on my right one…)

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on May 7, 2023 8:44 PM

There are no replies.

How to find my right AirPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.