Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete photos from recents but keep in album iPhone?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2023 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 4:18 AM

It is not possible.

The Recents album is showing you always all photos in your Photos Library, sorted by the date added. To remove a photo from Recents, you have to delete it completely from your iPhone.

If you want to have an album, where you are seeing all recently added photos, so you can distribute them to other albums, create yourself an own album and call it "my Recents". Add your new, recent photos to this album and use this album to distribute the photos to other albums, then remove the photos from this album, after adding them to other albums. From your own albums you can remove photos without deleting them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2023 4:18 AM in response to TNT2018

It is not possible.

The Recents album is showing you always all photos in your Photos Library, sorted by the date added. To remove a photo from Recents, you have to delete it completely from your iPhone.

If you want to have an album, where you are seeing all recently added photos, so you can distribute them to other albums, create yourself an own album and call it "my Recents". Add your new, recent photos to this album and use this album to distribute the photos to other albums, then remove the photos from this album, after adding them to other albums. From your own albums you can remove photos without deleting them.

Feb 16, 2024 8:54 PM in response to TNT2018

I’m going to share what I found that helped me, because my most concern was that it was taking up more space when I’m more than one album, this is what I found…

answer:

The albums are an organization tool for your media. A new album does not use additional space on your phone. Also, moving a photo or video to an album or multiple albums does not create a copy of that media file. Feel free to create as many albums as you like; your storage space is safe.

[Edited by Moderator]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.