I had to har reset my Mac Pro 2010 and can't reinstall Yosemite

My Mac Pro 2010 running Yosemite was slow and I decided to har reset. But now I cannot reinstall the Yosemite, When I turn the Mac on, I go to the window where I have the option to install Yosemite. But when I type my Apple ID and password it says it's wrong, but it's not, and I even keep receiving verification codes for each attempt. I tried restarting so many times that I am about to desist.

I tried to create a bootcamp disk using my MacBook M1 but no success until now.

Any suggestions?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on May 8, 2023 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:48 AM

Boot Camp only works on Intel Macs to install Windows.

2010 Macs that don't have a firmware update don't have internet recovery capability.

Your hard drive could potentially be failing. Backup your data first if possible before doing anything.

Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac and verify exactly what model and how old your Mac is?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 7:48 AM in response to fabiooli

Boot Camp only works on Intel Macs to install Windows.

2010 Macs that don't have a firmware update don't have internet recovery capability.

Your hard drive could potentially be failing. Backup your data first if possible before doing anything.

Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac and verify exactly what model and how old your Mac is?

I had to har reset my Mac Pro 2010 and can't reinstall Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.