Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Weird and a bit annoying display flickering while MacBook Pro M1 14' being turned on

I've got a weird display flickering, for many times when the laptop is turning on it adjusts the contrast or something with brightness, blacks out several times and when it's ready (turned on after password - everything is loaded at that point) after a while monitor blacks out for a while again

I can't see any problem while working. Only when it starts up.

On my previous lapton MacBook Pro 13 Intel i5 I never noticed such kind of thing happening for years.

I tried to find something on the internet but apparantly I can't reset neither NVRam nor SMC with my M1 chip

Maybe you could give any hints on how I can conquer that flickering or that's ok for all new MacBooks?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 8, 2023 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 5:07 PM

valeryioleinyk wrote:

I've got a weird display flickering, for many times when the laptop is turning on it adjusts the contrast or something with brightness, blacks out several times and when it's ready (turned on after password - everything is loaded at that point) after a while monitor blacks out for a while again

On my previous lapton MacBook Pro 13 Intel i5 I never noticed such kind of thing happening for years.
I tried to find something on the internet but apparantly I can't reset neither NVRam nor SMC with my M1 chip

Maybe you could give any hints on how I can conquer that flickering or that's ok for all new MacBooks?

No SMC or NVRAM on the M1/M2 SoC the equivalent is—

Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

and a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 5:07 PM in response to valeryioleinyk

valeryioleinyk wrote:

No SMC or NVRAM on the M1/M2 SoC the equivalent is—

Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

and a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Weird and a bit annoying display flickering while MacBook Pro M1 14' being turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.