MacBook Air M1 display sometimes works

Display sometimes works. Backlight works but no image. Pushing on keyboard frame makes it work. Video included.

The display on this M1 Macbook Air boots to a backlit screen with no image. When I push around the top of the laptop near the hinges the image appears. I've opened the laptop and checked the display cable and the main data cable and there are no issues.

Here is a video of the problem happening.

https://youtube.com/shorts/uqkep5sbDQo?feature=share

Here is the cables I verified to be have no visible issues.

Any thoughts on what to check on next? I've taken apart the mainboard and removed the wifi antenna just to inspect for any issues. I didn't want to tear it apart any further until I had an idea of what to look for next. From the repair videos I've viewed, I didn't believe anything is in the areas I'm pressing down on that should affect the display but I'm obviously not sure of that.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. That is a sticky note in the middle of the screen.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 8, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 11:22 PM

Hi,

You'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Air to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Air M1 display sometimes works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.