iPhone 13 Real or Fake

I’m looking at purchasing a pre owned iPhone, how do I tell if it’s a genuine Apple iPhone? Do i need to check the serial number somewhere?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 9, 2023 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 5:46 AM

Hello martyn872!

This User Tip provides important information on buying used iPhones, as well as a pre-purchase checklist you can follow: The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

2 replies

May 9, 2023 6:16 AM in response to martyn872

Unfortunately, a significant percentage of used phones for sale have been stolen. Don't even think about purchasing the phone unless it powers on to the "hello" screen, and you have a written guarantee that you can return the phone within 14 days for a full refund if you are not satisfied.

You won't be able to check the battery health of the phone until it is set up, but expect that a used phone will probably be in need of a new battery in the near future. Add about $90 U.S. for that.

Enter the serial number of the phone to find out if the phone is genuine.

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple SupportAppleCheck Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

iPhone 13 Real or Fake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.