mail followup turned off, still get followup suggestions

Hi - In Apple mail I unchecked the "Enable message followup suggestions" months ago but I still get past sent and unanswered messages appearing at the top of my inbox. When I right-click the message and select "ignore followup" the message leaves the top of my inbox, so mail is still giving me followup suggestions. This is really annoying.

I've tried checking "Enable message followup suggestions", quitting mail, restarting mail and unchecking and quitting again. The old messages still show up.

Anybody have a suggestion? This is happening in Ventura 13.3.1 (a) and a couple Ventura releases before that.

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on May 9, 2023 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 1:51 AM

Right Now as I write this reply.

I have an e-mail contained in the Inbox of Mail

It is set to reminder me @ 08:00 Hrs Today, Wednesday

If you refer to below images, the offending e-mail reminder ONLY contained in the Inbox allows the

Reminder Feature to be available

One should be able to " Edit " the reminder including Reschedule and or Cancel the reminder

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 1:51 AM in response to Steve Bryson

Right Now as I write this reply.

I have an e-mail contained in the Inbox of Mail

It is set to reminder me @ 08:00 Hrs Today, Wednesday

If you refer to below images, the offending e-mail reminder ONLY contained in the Inbox allows the

Reminder Feature to be available

One should be able to " Edit " the reminder including Reschedule and or Cancel the reminder

mail followup turned off, still get followup suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.