Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i get macos ventura from app store?

i didn't get the ventura update for my macbook pro. i was wondering if i could get it from the app store?

thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 9, 2023 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 8:30 AM

samuellnavarrete wrote:

i didn't get the ventura update for my macbook pro. i was wondering if i could get it from the app store?
thanks!

Of course your Mac has to be compatible.

macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

13 replies

May 9, 2023 8:21 AM in response to samuellnavarrete

Ventura - Downloading the Installer https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/37/35/032-66588-A_P5QIYDIIZL/kkuzd39hnskjm12vimzblklo3drb3majbf/InstallAssistant.pkg The above URL will download InstallAssistant.pkg to your Downloads folder. Double-Click on the InstallAssistant.pkg file. This will place a copy of the app "Install macOS Ventura" in the Applications folder. NOTE: Before starting the installation, it is wise to backup any important files before applying a major operating system upgrade. Finder -> Go (menu) -> Applications -> Install macOS Ventura Double-Click on "Install macOS Ventura" This should start the Ventura installation. After the installation is complete, check the System Settings -> General -> Software Update and make sure there are no incremental updates available (hopefully not, but check to make sure).

Feb 3, 2024 12:41 PM in response to levani999

Monterey 12.7.3 - Downloading the Installer

You should have 35GB to 40GB of free storage. Apple menu bar icon (upper left corner) -> About This Mac -> More Info... -> Storage

12+GB for the InstallAssistant.pkg. 12+GB for the “Install macOS Monterey” app. And the rest is used during the install, as existing operating system components are replaced with new components.

You will get most of the storage back after the upgrade completes.

If at home, disconnect from the VPN so you get your ISP’s full bandwidth.

Using any web browser, download the following URL (it is 12+GB):

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/53/08/052-33037-A_AKHX79ZA4S/z7yb5wdcrk453a3hi7c3hc9n6zzju9di7f/InstallAssistant.pkg

The above URL will download InstallAssistant.pkg to your Downloads folder.

Double-Click on the InstallAssistant.pkg file.

This will place a copy of the app “Install macOS Monterey” in the Applications folder.

NOTE: Before starting the installation, it is wise to backup any important files before applying a major operating system upgrade.

Finder -> Go (menu) -> Applications -> Install macOS Monterey

Double-Click on “Install macOS Monterey”

This should start the Monterey installation.

After the installation is complete, check the System Settings -> General -> Software Update and make sure there are no incremental updates available (hopefully not, but check to make sure).

The Applications -> “Install macOS Monterey” will delete itself after the install. Then you can delete the Downloads -> InstallAssistant.pkg to recover that 12+GB of storage.

can i get macos ventura from app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.