Geometry dash iOS 15 glitch

I remember that I couldn’t launch geometry dash so I deleted it and when I was going to install it again i needed to pay for the game again to download it. To this day I don’t have the game and I don’t want to pay for it again.

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2023 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 11:51 AM

If App Store is telling you that you need to pay for it, that usually means you are not logged in using the same Apple ID that you used when you first purchased it.

Check your Purchase History in the App Store to see if you can find that app. If you don't see it, that means you did not purchase it with your current Apple ID. I just checked my own and see purchases back to 2008, which is when the App Store was introduced.

There is another less likely possibility. The developer of Geometry Dash may have pulled the app out of the App Store, and then released another product under the same name with more features. If that is the case, then your old purchase would not entitle you to the new version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 11:51 AM in response to Jonathan_5

If App Store is telling you that you need to pay for it, that usually means you are not logged in using the same Apple ID that you used when you first purchased it.

Check your Purchase History in the App Store to see if you can find that app. If you don't see it, that means you did not purchase it with your current Apple ID. I just checked my own and see purchases back to 2008, which is when the App Store was introduced.

There is another less likely possibility. The developer of Geometry Dash may have pulled the app out of the App Store, and then released another product under the same name with more features. If that is the case, then your old purchase would not entitle you to the new version.

Nov 25, 2023 9:24 PM in response to Jonathan_5

I have the answer. Either whatever @edclange said or the app might have been hidden because I always check it says get or buy ($0.00) even when purchased but the app was hidden. So then I found that out. If you were wondering why GD crashes when in iOS 15, that happened to me too. iOS 15 contains a bug that has caused some apps to crash on app startup.

(Extra:) Read only for problems from iOS 17. It crashes for Apple has lost support for 32-bit apps like GD and will survive to wait till 2.2 release which is 64-bits.

Geometry dash iOS 15 glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.