Copy Music from iPhone to MacMini

I see solutions and responses to the same question, but they are a couple years old. Ive replaced an iMac with a Mac Mini. the Time Machine backup was garbage. (note - a new SSD with a Thunderbolt enclosure is on order to reduce chances of this happening again. )

The old iMac has been wiped for recycling.

iPhone 14 Pro (16.3.1) and Mac Mini running Ventura. I have lots of music I ripped from CD so it's not a simple case of downloading purchased music. It looks like iTunes Match is supposed to do what I want to do, but there is a warning when enabling the setting to "sync library" that my library will be removed from my iPhone so I maybe iTunes Match is not the solution. It costs $25/yr so if I paid fro the wrong service, I will see a refund. I am open to using a third party software to make the transfer if thats what it will require. This should be a one time project. Once the transfer is completed, iCloud can take over to keep all in sync or I can connect the iPhone to the Mac and sync as needed for maintenance.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 1:01 PM

MBER wrote:

I see solutions and responses to the same question, but they are a couple years old. Ive replaced an iMac with a Mac Mini. the Time Machine backup was garbage. (note - a new SSD with a Thunderbolt enclosure is on order to reduce chances of this happening again. )
iPhone 14 Pro (16.3.1) and Mac Mini running Ventura. I have lots of music I ripped from CD so it's not a simple case of downloading purchased music. It looks like iTunes Match is supposed to do what I want to do, but there is a warning when enabling the setting to "sync library" that my library will be removed from my iPhone so I maybe iTunes Match is not the solution. It costs $25/yr so if I paid fro the wrong service, I will see a refund. I am open to using a third party software to make the transfer if thats what it will require. This should be a one time project. Once the transfer is completed, iCloud can take over to keep all in sync or I can connect the iPhone to the Mac and sync as needed for maintenance.

You will need to buy a 3rd party app like touch copy to transfer music to your mac.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 1:01 PM in response to MBER

MBER wrote:

You will need to buy a 3rd party app like touch copy to transfer music to your mac.

Copy Music from iPhone to MacMini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.