Old Email Address Verification

I am repeatedly being asked to verify a password for an apple ID that I had many years ago; like maybe 15 years ago. How do I stop this from happening? I just started happening about 3 months ago and I have tried deleting old apps, thinking maybe I bought something with the old apple ID, but nothing seems to work.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2023 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:56 PM

You are right in that this could be the result of having apps that were downloaded with the old ID. I don't know if a fast way to check that other than to try manually update your apps one by one and see if any of them then ask for the old ID. I am guessing you missed one in your earlier checking.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 7:56 PM in response to aaarondwalker

You are right in that this could be the result of having apps that were downloaded with the old ID. I don't know if a fast way to check that other than to try manually update your apps one by one and see if any of them then ask for the old ID. I am guessing you missed one in your earlier checking.

Old Email Address Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.