Preview Drag-and-Drop Lag

Whenever I try to drag and drop an object in preview, be it a text box or a shape, the dragged object will lag like crazy, and the haptics on the trackpad will go out of control. It started doing this about a month ago, and I didn't really think of this until it got to the point where it won't let me drag-and-drop any object without doing that.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 4:21 AM

Do you have any 3rd party optimizing software or anti-virus software installed? I'd also check to see it you have a minimum of 15-20% of your total disk space free or available for the system to use. Another thing you might try is to boot into safe mode and then back into normal boot to see if it found and fixed this.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 4:21 AM in response to 2aayush008

Do you have any 3rd party optimizing software or anti-virus software installed? I'd also check to see it you have a minimum of 15-20% of your total disk space free or available for the system to use. Another thing you might try is to boot into safe mode and then back into normal boot to see if it found and fixed this.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Preview Drag-and-Drop Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.