Apple watch pairing problems

My series 4 apple watch was fine with my iphone 11 pro max and i did an upgrade to the phone by switching it to a iphone 14 pro. I have tried to pair my watch and when i try it says connecting to your Apple Watch this may take a moment and after a while it changes the screen to unpairing apple watch. Does anyone know whats going on with it?

Posted on May 9, 2023 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 12:40 AM

You may have omitted to unpair it properly from the old iPhone.

Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps. (select the watch OS version) 

Erase Apple Watch – Apple Support

Erasing all content and settings this way erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch

Or as it is already under your iCloud account you can erase  and remove it from your account in https://icloud.com/find .

Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

If you still have problems repeat but set up as a New Watch, without restoring the backup

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 12:40 AM in response to afshaaaanu

You may have omitted to unpair it properly from the old iPhone.

Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps. (select the watch OS version) 

Erase Apple Watch – Apple Support

Erasing all content and settings this way erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch

Or as it is already under your iCloud account you can erase  and remove it from your account in https://icloud.com/find .

Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

If you still have problems repeat but set up as a New Watch, without restoring the backup

Apple watch pairing problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.