Trade in value for engraved iPad 10th generation

Hello I would like to trade in my iPad 10th generation . It is engraved and I am worried that I won’t get the same trade in value as on that isn’t engraved . Has anyone had experience with trading in an engraved ipad?

Posted on May 10, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 9:58 AM

If it was engraved by Apple, it will not affect its trad-in value.

If it was engraved by a third party company, it may affect the value.

From Apple Trade In - Apple

Can I trade in an engraved device?

Yes, engraved Apple products are eligible for trade-in. If the device was engraved by Apple, its trade-in value won’t be impacted. However, third-party engraving may affect your device’s value.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 9:58 AM in response to NyaPa89

If it was engraved by Apple, it will not affect its trad-in value.

If it was engraved by a third party company, it may affect the value.

From Apple Trade In - Apple

Can I trade in an engraved device?

Yes, engraved Apple products are eligible for trade-in. If the device was engraved by Apple, its trade-in value won’t be impacted. However, third-party engraving may affect your device’s value.

May 10, 2023 9:59 AM in response to NyaPa89

In most (if not all) countries/regions, Apple’s trade-in programme doesn’t accept current models of iPad. For current models, you may need to consider selling privately. You can verify current eligibility for trade-in and an estimated value here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

You should always consider the merits of product customisation with engraving - as this may impact future values, in particular if attempting to sell privately.

If accepted for trade-in, an Apple-engraved device may be accepted with little if any impact upon the trade-in value - which will always be considerably lower than the price that you paid.

Trade in value for engraved iPad 10th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.