iPhone 14 pro stopped working face ID

iPhone 14 Pro stopped working Face ID. I must enter passcode. But after call to the store, after few minutes Face ID started working.

Posted on May 10, 2023 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 1:40 AM

My Face ID stopped working out of the blue and I reset it. It worked for a day and stopped working again. At this point I don’t know what to do. Is it perhaps a bug in the software? Any idea how I can fix it?

16 replies

May 10, 2023 11:19 AM in response to arvydas272

Hello, sometimes we don't realize when using the iPhone, when activating the lock screen, face ID tries to search for a face, when it doesn't find it, it blocks and asks for a password.

What I recommend is

1. Reboot the iPhone.

2. Check that your iPhone is up to date.

3. Reconfigure Face ID by following these steps:

Go to Settings, tap Face ID & Passcode, and then tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If these problems occur again, I recommend making an appointment with support so that they can follow up on your case.

May 19, 2024 9:50 AM in response to arvydas272

Same is happening to me! Mine just started this weekend 18/5/2024. At first I didn’t notice it, I have been looking at old photos on my device from 2016 and catching up to now, when I locked my device I left the photo app launched and on the photo I was looking at. I did this multiple times (I kept having to do other things, answer the door, cook some food etc.) Once I did notice it, I reset Face ID, it worked maybe three times and before bed was not working anymore. I restarted the device (iPhone 14 pro max) which may have only helped once and back to having to enter the passcode to unlock.

May 19, 2024 9:56 AM in response to imHelo

I figured this could have been my problem because I know I do this a lot but this weekend for me this wasn’t the case. I would use the phone to look at photos then lock it and set it down. Pick it up as usual with my face to the phone ready for unlocking and instantly the lock icon shakes meaning my face did not work. I tried multiple times then had to inter passcode. People saying to clean phone screen, who keeps a dirty phone screen? How is that possible?

iPhone 14 pro stopped working face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.