Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Photos

I recently lost my phone so put my new sim into my old phone . I have lost two years worth of photos. I though photos automatically saved to the cloud. Any idea how to retrieve them or have I lost them?

Posted on May 10, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 2:24 PM

Photos only automatically sync with iCloud if you have iCloud Photos turned on in the device. You can use an internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there. If the photos are there, if you turn on iCloud Photos on your old phone (using the same Apple ID) the photos should automatically sync. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If they aren't there, that indicates iCloud Photos was onto turned on. If that was the case, then if you used iCloud Backup or a backup to a computer, the photos should have been included in the backup. You cannot view the contents of the backup but you can use it to setup a replacement device. See the iCloud or computer sections of Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 2:24 PM in response to vicksterharding1

Photos only automatically sync with iCloud if you have iCloud Photos turned on in the device. You can use an internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there. If the photos are there, if you turn on iCloud Photos on your old phone (using the same Apple ID) the photos should automatically sync. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If they aren't there, that indicates iCloud Photos was onto turned on. If that was the case, then if you used iCloud Backup or a backup to a computer, the photos should have been included in the backup. You cannot view the contents of the backup but you can use it to setup a replacement device. See the iCloud or computer sections of Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.