Can I recover photos if i deleted them from my recently deleted folder ? I have my photo icloud back up turned on.

I was just wondering if you could recover photos after they have been deleted from my recently deleted folder. I accidentally deleted some very important pictures.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 10, 2023 4:41 PM

4 replies

May 10, 2023 6:13 PM in response to Channingtatum07

Channingtatum07 Said:

"Can I recover photos if i deleted them from my recently deleted folder ? I have my photo icloud back up turned on."

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

May 10, 2023 4:45 PM in response to Channingtatum07

Heya Channingtatum7!

Yes, if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled and your photos are backed up to iCloud, there is a possibility to recover the deleted photos even after they have been removed from the "Recently Deleted" folder on your iPhone.

Here's how you can attempt to recover the deleted photos:

1. Check iCloud Photo Library: Ensure that you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings, tap on your name at the top, select "iCloud," and then "Photos." Make sure the toggle for "iCloud Photos" is enabled.
  2. Access iCloud Photos on a computer: Open a web browser on your computer and visit the iCloud website (www.icloud.com). Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  3. Open Photos: Once you're signed in, click on the "Photos" icon to access your iCloud Photo Library.
  4. Check the "Recently Deleted" album: On the left-hand side of the iCloud Photos interface, you should see a "Recently Deleted" album. Click on it to view the photos that have been deleted from your iPhone.
  5. Recover deleted photos: Look for the photos you accidentally deleted and want to recover. Select the photos, and then click on the "Recover" button. The photos will be restored and will be available on your iPhone again.

Note that the photos in the "Recently Deleted" album are retained for a limited time, typically 30 days, before they are permanently deleted. So it's important to act promptly to increase the chances of successful recovery.

Let me know what you find,

DX-7

Can I recover photos if i deleted them from my recently deleted folder ? I have my photo icloud back up turned on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.