Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Calendar event from an email invite doesn't go to iCloud, and I can't invite anyone

I got a calendar invite from a dog groomer after I booked an appointment. Their website sent me an .ics file that I opened in my Calendar app.

The event is in my Home calendar, but I can't add people to it, nor can I see it on my iCloud calendar on the web. The "Add People" option in all other calendar events, doesn't appear in this event.

I tried swapping it to different calendars, I tried copying and pasting the event into the calendar again, I tried "duplicate" from the drop down on the event. No dice.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on May 10, 2023 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 2:38 PM

Hello flick Harrison,

In order for you to fully be able to modify and add people to an event, you need to be the one who created it. Those details are outlined at Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support. So you'll have to create a brand new event and manually add the details and then you can add in new invitees, including the original sender so that you can clear the original event then if needed.

Let us know how that behaves!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 2:38 PM in response to flick harrison

Hello flick Harrison,

In order for you to fully be able to modify and add people to an event, you need to be the one who created it. Those details are outlined at Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support. So you'll have to create a brand new event and manually add the details and then you can add in new invitees, including the original sender so that you can clear the original event then if needed.

Let us know how that behaves!

May 14, 2023 7:42 AM in response to ShannonM1

Hmmm thank you, this is helpful.

I feel like sometimes an ics file from a web booking system will be more flexible than that - ie I download the ics file and the calendar reads it as if I made it. But it's been a while so I will have to test in future. I don't remember having this problem before.

The file from this dog groomer didn't look like an invite, it looked like just a calendar event file generated by the booking page.

When I get invites from people to their event, they do behave the way you describe.

Calendar event from an email invite doesn't go to iCloud, and I can't invite anyone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.