My Mac has been updating Pages with no progress for over a week

for over a week my Mac has been updating Pages with no progress.

I have tried to delete the update with no success. When I turn the computer on it back again

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 10, 2023 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 6:54 PM

Hiya Sb2023star!

If your Mac has been stuck in the update process for Pages and you have already tried deleting the update without success, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Force quit the App Store: Press Command + Option + Escape on your keyboard to open the Force Quit Applications window. Select "App Store" from the list and click "Force Quit". This will close the App Store application.
  2. Clear App Store cache: Open the Finder on your Mac and navigate to the "Go" menu in the menu bar. Hold down the Option key to reveal the "Library" option and click on it. Within the Library folder, locate and open the "Caches" folder. Look for a folder named "com.apple.appstore" and delete it. This will clear the cache for the App Store.
  3. Restart your Mac: Go to the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen and select "Restart". Allow your Mac to restart fully.
  4. Update Pages manually: Once your Mac has restarted, open the App Store and go to the "Updates" tab. Look for Pages in the list of available updates and click the "Update" button next to it. This will attempt to update Pages manually.
  5. Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection while updating Pages. If your internet connection is unstable or slow, it may interfere with the update process. Try connecting to a different network or restarting your router if necessary.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, you can try updating macOS itself to the latest version. Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update, and check for any available updates for macOS. Updating macOS may also help resolve any underlying issues affecting the App Store and the update process.

Keep me informed on the situation,

DX-7

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 6:54 PM in response to Sb2023star

Hiya Sb2023star!

If your Mac has been stuck in the update process for Pages and you have already tried deleting the update without success, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Force quit the App Store: Press Command + Option + Escape on your keyboard to open the Force Quit Applications window. Select "App Store" from the list and click "Force Quit". This will close the App Store application.
  2. Clear App Store cache: Open the Finder on your Mac and navigate to the "Go" menu in the menu bar. Hold down the Option key to reveal the "Library" option and click on it. Within the Library folder, locate and open the "Caches" folder. Look for a folder named "com.apple.appstore" and delete it. This will clear the cache for the App Store.
  3. Restart your Mac: Go to the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen and select "Restart". Allow your Mac to restart fully.
  4. Update Pages manually: Once your Mac has restarted, open the App Store and go to the "Updates" tab. Look for Pages in the list of available updates and click the "Update" button next to it. This will attempt to update Pages manually.
  5. Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection while updating Pages. If your internet connection is unstable or slow, it may interfere with the update process. Try connecting to a different network or restarting your router if necessary.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, you can try updating macOS itself to the latest version. Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update, and check for any available updates for macOS. Updating macOS may also help resolve any underlying issues affecting the App Store and the update process.

Keep me informed on the situation,

DX-7

My Mac has been updating Pages with no progress for over a week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.