iCloud scam

I got that email saying my iCloud was full and responded to it. (idiot, I know!) I have locked the debit card that I entered. Am I “safe” for now? Should I apply for a new debit card?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on May 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 6:29 PM

Rananah01 Said:

"iCloud scam: I got that email saying my iCloud was full and responded to it. (idiot, I know!) I have locked the debit card that I entered. Am I 'safe' for now? Should I apply for a new debit card?"

-------

By all means, yes.

Report this to Apple:

I would also consider that you report this to Apple. Forward it off to them at: reportphishing@apple.com

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 6:29 PM in response to Rananah01

Rananah01 Said:

"iCloud scam: I got that email saying my iCloud was full and responded to it. (idiot, I know!) I have locked the debit card that I entered. Am I 'safe' for now? Should I apply for a new debit card?"

-------

By all means, yes.

Report this to Apple:

I would also consider that you report this to Apple. Forward it off to them at: reportphishing@apple.com

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

iCloud scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.