Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How do I get a new band if allergic to solo loop silicone?

I have the apple care plus protection and ordered the solo loop band with my watch when I initially bought it from apple. I am allergic to silicone apparently and this band has caused severe burn like symptoms to my wrist where only the band is, and red peeling skin. Still has not healed completely, and looks to be permanently scarred from the burn. How do I just exchange for a replacement band made of different material?

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on May 11, 2023 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 12:13 PM

Please follow the good advice below to try to get a replacement. But as for a band of a different material, I personally find the Sport Loop Band to be the most comfortable. It is made of double layer nylon weave.

6 replies

May 12, 2023 12:47 AM in response to SweetBee8266

The strap is not silicone, it is a fluoroelastomer.

Safety information including skin sensitivity recommendations can be found in

Important safety information for Apple Watch – Apple Support

I want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your Watch.  I recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here Click here >  Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

May 12, 2023 12:22 PM in response to SweetBee8266

SweetBee8266 wrote:

The solo loop is made of Liquid Silicone Rubber according to the specs provided by Apple. It’s the Solo Loop band I am allergic to, not the watch itself.

The link you provided does not show the bands or their sensitivities.

You are correct, that loop is silicone.

More materials data here Wearing your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Sensitivities are a human thing not a materials thing. I am not sensitive to silicone so it would be inappropriate for Apple to state that silicone has sensitivities.

May 12, 2023 11:12 AM in response to SweetBee8266

Contained in the link LD150 provided, is the following:

"The Apple Watch case and the Apple Watch bands contain trace amounts of acrylates and methacrylates. Acrylates and methacrylates are found in many consumer products that come in contact with the skin, such as adhesive bandages. Some people may be sensitive to them, or may develop sensitivities over time. Apple Watch and its bands are designed so that parts containing acrylates and methacrylates are not in direct contact with your skin.

The materials used in Apple Watch and the Apple Watch bands meet the standards set for jewelry by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, applicable European regulations, and other international standards.

Beyond that, we don't have more information to share.

You should contact Apple directly as this is a user to user only forum. Whether Apple will offer you a different band or recommend you purchase a different band, is between you and them. We can't help with that as we aren't Apple employees nor can we speak for Apple.

How do I get a new band if allergic to solo loop silicone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.