My 2018 evoque dropped my IPhone 13 max

What is going on!!! Very frustrated with apple this is not the first time I have experienced this issue!! What is apple planning on doing and how soon. Like others in this platform I am ready to switch phones to android

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 12, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 3:21 PM

In which case it points to an issue with the Evoque's head unit, and not the iPhone since it does no appear to have issues itself with other devices. As such it would seem that your Land Rover dealer should be the one to have look at the issue and see iff they can resolve it.

They may need to reset the bluetooth system in the car stereo.

Contact your Land Rover dealer and see if they can fix it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 3:21 PM in response to Spfaris

In which case it points to an issue with the Evoque's head unit, and not the iPhone since it does no appear to have issues itself with other devices. As such it would seem that your Land Rover dealer should be the one to have look at the issue and see iff they can resolve it.

They may need to reset the bluetooth system in the car stereo.

Contact your Land Rover dealer and see if they can fix it.

May 12, 2023 11:28 AM in response to Spfaris

Nobody here works for Apple. There is no team here. This is a user to user forum. You are just addressing other users like yourself who volunteer their time her to help other users.

Can the iPhone connect to any other bluetooth device besides your car?

Have you restarted the iPhone and tried again? click here ➜ Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

May 12, 2023 8:52 AM in response to Spfaris

What do you mean by "dropped"?

What issue?

Why is this somehow Apple's fault?

What should Apple be doing about what exactly? You have not said what is happening, other than your Evoque dropped your iPhone, without even explaining what that means.

Why do you think there's a massive issue that Apple not only knows about, but can do anything about, or assuming there is even anything they can do?

Have you contacted Land Rover? Maybe they need to do something about it?

Maybe its an issue with their head unit?

Why aren't you threatening to change to another car company?

How do you know it won't happen with Android too?

If you want to buy an Android device, go ahead, threats don't work here. We have no investment in what device you actually use.

If you decide you want help, and explain what exactly is happening, then maybe someone here can help and advise.

May 12, 2023 10:53 AM in response to Phil0124

Responding to a response from your team re: my 2018 evoque and the pairing of iPhone 13 max. What I meant by drop off is that it is not connecting. I have removed the iPhone and attempted repairing. I get as far as getting a code on the car and my phone and then o get a mssg that this phone is longer able to connect to blue tooth

My 2018 evoque dropped my IPhone 13 max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.