Charging 2016 iPhone SE With 35W Adapter

Can I safely charge my iPhone SE (2016) with the largest phone charger (35W), the Apple Store offers? If not, what maximum amount of watts should I be using?

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on May 12, 2023 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 4:30 PM

You can use the 35W adapter safely. There is no maximum. The iPhone won't draw more power than it is designed to.

Note that the iPhone SE form 2016 (1st generation) will not fast charge and that the 35 watt power adapter will not make a significant difference over the 5 watt power adapter that came with that iPhone.

Also see the following from Fast charge your iPhone - Apple Support

You can fast charge your iPhone 8 and later up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.1

To fast charge, you need an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:

• Apple 18W,2 20W, 29W, 30W, 35W, 61W, 67W, 87W, or 96W, or 140W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 4:30 PM in response to AnitaDick

You can use the 35W adapter safely. There is no maximum. The iPhone won't draw more power than it is designed to.

Note that the iPhone SE form 2016 (1st generation) will not fast charge and that the 35 watt power adapter will not make a significant difference over the 5 watt power adapter that came with that iPhone.

Also see the following from Fast charge your iPhone - Apple Support

You can fast charge your iPhone 8 and later up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.1

To fast charge, you need an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:

• Apple 18W,2 20W, 29W, 30W, 35W, 61W, 67W, 87W, or 96W, or 140W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

Charging 2016 iPhone SE With 35W Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.