Why do I require a payment method for a 3 month free trial?

Why do u require a payment option for a 3 month free trial that came with my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, 16

Posted on May 12, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 6:44 PM

Nopaymentoption wrote:

Why do u require a payment option for a 3 month free trial that came with my phone?

We’re not Apple, we’re other users like you, so we’re not the “Why do u” you’re aiming for here.

The free trial automatically renews into a paid subscription, and that requires a payment card on file.

The fine print from the three month free offer:

The offer is free.

You do, however, need to cancel it, if you do not want the subscription to auto-renew.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 6:44 PM in response to Nopaymentoption

Nopaymentoption wrote:

We’re not Apple, we’re other users like you, so we’re not the “Why do u” you’re aiming for here.

The free trial automatically renews into a paid subscription, and that requires a payment card on file.

The fine print from the three month free offer:

The offer is free.

You do, however, need to cancel it, if you do not want the subscription to auto-renew.

May 15, 2023 11:11 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

This is a user forum, you are not addressing apple here just fellow users

not sure what you think to accomplish by depending with other users here

a valid means of payment been required from day one in their itunes store and later app store also to get free stuff.

you can try contacting apple Support ->  Get Support (apple.com) / Contact - Official Apple

Support

and or give them feedback -> Product Feedback - Apple

Why do I require a payment method for a 3 month free trial?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.