How can I know if my iPhone is hacked?

I think my neighbors are hacking my phone.

my phone will start doing crazy stuff all of a sudden

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 13, 2023 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 4:36 AM

..Melmel74..

Only if you left your iPhone unattended, & turned on ~ maybe someone changed its passcode.

Hacking? Very unlikely; unless someone knew your Apple ID and/or Passcode; or if you hadn't

used Face ID to protect your secure access. Any or all these? Not if you protect your Apple ID.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

"If you're concerned that an unauthorized person might have access to

your Apple ID, these steps can help you regain control of your account."

(Or if your Apple ID may have been seen, when it was used to enter/unlock your iPhone, in a

public place; those kinds of events might be the type of things.. That may allow some other

person (if not a family member, etc; with more access than a stranger) might this be possible.

Change Apple ID password. As to not forget it right away, consider writing it down a few times;

& then after you can remember it, destroy the paper you wrote it on. Or put that in safe place.

The device passcode, is only one of your secure access codes; the other big one is Apple ID,

that is commonly used to enter into Apple Support discussion forum pages, & other things.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 4:36 AM in response to Melmel74

..Melmel74..

Only if you left your iPhone unattended, & turned on ~ maybe someone changed its passcode.

Hacking? Very unlikely; unless someone knew your Apple ID and/or Passcode; or if you hadn't

used Face ID to protect your secure access. Any or all these? Not if you protect your Apple ID.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

"If you're concerned that an unauthorized person might have access to

your Apple ID, these steps can help you regain control of your account."

(Or if your Apple ID may have been seen, when it was used to enter/unlock your iPhone, in a

public place; those kinds of events might be the type of things.. That may allow some other

person (if not a family member, etc; with more access than a stranger) might this be possible.

Change Apple ID password. As to not forget it right away, consider writing it down a few times;

& then after you can remember it, destroy the paper you wrote it on. Or put that in safe place.

The device passcode, is only one of your secure access codes; the other big one is Apple ID,

that is commonly used to enter into Apple Support discussion forum pages, & other things.

How can I know if my iPhone is hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.