Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Copy past shortcuts don't work

Hello, i can't use the shortcut to insert text without style, it is written to use - shift - option - command - V, but instead of that always opens the "insert file" option. What can I do?

Posted on May 13, 2023 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 3:18 AM

The shortcut for Insert > Choose which opens the File Chooser is shift+cmd+V. A regular paste is cmd+V. You haven't stated the source of the content that was placed on the clipboard, and which you would now seek to paste into Pages as plain text.

What happens when you select the Edit menu > Paste and Match Style, or Paste. Do you get plain text deposited into Pages?

Are you using an Apple keyboard, or a third-party keyboard intended for MS Windows?

Is the keyboard input language source correct for your first preferred language in System Preferences/Settings > Language & Region. If not, some keys may not register when you press them, or behave differently than the menu shortcut. Check that too.

I am using an Apple U.S. English keyboard with my Preferred Language set to English, and my keyboard input language also set to U.S. With Pages v13 on macOS 13.3.1 (a), I have no issue pasting plain text with either of the paste shortcut options.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 3:18 AM in response to Olga_Ser

The shortcut for Insert > Choose which opens the File Chooser is shift+cmd+V. A regular paste is cmd+V. You haven't stated the source of the content that was placed on the clipboard, and which you would now seek to paste into Pages as plain text.

What happens when you select the Edit menu > Paste and Match Style, or Paste. Do you get plain text deposited into Pages?

Are you using an Apple keyboard, or a third-party keyboard intended for MS Windows?

Is the keyboard input language source correct for your first preferred language in System Preferences/Settings > Language & Region. If not, some keys may not register when you press them, or behave differently than the menu shortcut. Check that too.

I am using an Apple U.S. English keyboard with my Preferred Language set to English, and my keyboard input language also set to U.S. With Pages v13 on macOS 13.3.1 (a), I have no issue pasting plain text with either of the paste shortcut options.

Copy past shortcuts don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.