Can’t find admin account on MacBook Air

today I bought new mackbook aur.. and I was trying to set up all the settings but after finishing up them.. i tried to change the username and then everything changed up.. now I can’t see the admin account and it’s asking for username and password which I don’t know what to fill…!!?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on May 13, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 6:59 AM

Start from the beginning. I understand you purchased a new MacBook Air, and completed its setup instructions. Those instructions included the creation of a User Account name and password.

Then, you changed that user name. Describe how you did that, because it requires this specific procedure: Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support. If you did not follow that procedure, describe what you did in lieu of it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 6:59 AM in response to ravnazdeep

Start from the beginning. I understand you purchased a new MacBook Air, and completed its setup instructions. Those instructions included the creation of a User Account name and password.

Then, you changed that user name. Describe how you did that, because it requires this specific procedure: Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support. If you did not follow that procedure, describe what you did in lieu of it.

Can’t find admin account on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.