Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Over heating

Jut 1 year ago

i just absolutely loved my iphone Xs

such a masterpiece handy and smooth device

But at this point

im going through some serious heating issue

im not able to hold my phone in my hand for more than 10-15minutes

my hand is getting heated also its very hard to use this phone

if some one is hearing this from apple

please

there are a lot of other people out there having the same issue 🥺

Im hoping that apple will give a cleaner and better updates to get things right 🙏

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on May 13, 2023 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 1:53 PM

Perform a Forced Restart on the phone. Follow the instructions very carefully, as this is a bit tricky. You may need to repeat this several times.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

There are only 2 possible results when you perform a Forced Restart:

1) The phone returns to normal operation

or

2) There is a hardware problem with the phone that will need attention at the Apple Store (make an appointment) or at an authorized Apple Service shop

Find Locations

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 1:53 PM in response to sidharth50

Perform a Forced Restart on the phone. Follow the instructions very carefully, as this is a bit tricky. You may need to repeat this several times.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

There are only 2 possible results when you perform a Forced Restart:

1) The phone returns to normal operation

or

2) There is a hardware problem with the phone that will need attention at the Apple Store (make an appointment) or at an authorized Apple Service shop

Find Locations

Good luck!

May 13, 2023 1:52 PM in response to sidharth50

You may have a poor battery condition which cannot provide sufficient power for peak performance. What is the Battery Health of your iPhone? Open Settings  Battery  Battery Health and let us know which percentage you see for Maximum Capacity. Also note what is written under Peak Performance. If your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

If the above does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

Over heating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.