📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pair my Bose sound bar to work with an Apple TV remote

First, on the Bose remote, hold down the Bluetooth button until you see a blue blinking light on the sound bar. This makes the sound bar discoverable by the Apple TV remote. Second, go in to settings and then select Bluetooth devices. You should now see the Bose device is now discoverable. Third, select the Bose sound bar and then exit out. Your Apple TV remote should now control the Bose sound bar.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on May 13, 2023 6:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 11:17 AM

Every time Bose TV Sound Bar shuts down, along with TV and apple TV box - all with ATV remote; the bluetooth connection is lost and must use the Bose remote to initiate bluetooth pairing and go to apple box and go through connection process - it does save the bose speaker, but always shows it as 'disconnected' - so have to reconnect each and every time. Have apple tv box located with sound bar and have tried them apart - have checked all software/firmware, reboot, power unplug etc - nothing seems to keep them connected. ANY and all suggestions on what I am missing to keep them connected is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2023 11:17 AM in response to gerrycgc

Every time Bose TV Sound Bar shuts down, along with TV and apple TV box - all with ATV remote; the bluetooth connection is lost and must use the Bose remote to initiate bluetooth pairing and go to apple box and go through connection process - it does save the bose speaker, but always shows it as 'disconnected' - so have to reconnect each and every time. Have apple tv box located with sound bar and have tried them apart - have checked all software/firmware, reboot, power unplug etc - nothing seems to keep them connected. ANY and all suggestions on what I am missing to keep them connected is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dec 13, 2023 9:10 AM in response to HobbitNorris

Same problem here…

apple tv connected via hdmi to samsung tv. Tv speaker connected with bose 500 via cable. It wake tv and bose when i hit apple tv remote. In the past the apple tv remote controlled the bose 500 with Infrared and worked great for years. Not the remote does not work for sound and no settings changed! maybe a sw update did that??

Bluetooth connection with bose and apple tv is okay but does not connect bose 500 at switch on - so 2 remotes are needed! Not smart….

Hope someone find the issue and correct the sw

pair my Bose sound bar to work with an Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.