Deceased loved ones iCloud Photos

My ex wife recently passed and I have access to her iCloud Photos. Seeing as to how no one is paying for her extended cloud memory, how long do I have to download the pics in question before they are erased from the cloud?

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:15 PM

Legal - iCloud - Apple

VII. B "In addition, Apple may terminate your Account upon 30 days’ prior notice via email to the address associated with your Account if (a) your Account has been inactive for one (1) year; or (b) there is a general discontinuance of the Service or any part thereof."

If a relative requests the account be deleted it may be gone sooner.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 8:15 PM in response to jovon256

Legal - iCloud - Apple

VII. B "In addition, Apple may terminate your Account upon 30 days’ prior notice via email to the address associated with your Account if (a) your Account has been inactive for one (1) year; or (b) there is a general discontinuance of the Service or any part thereof."

If a relative requests the account be deleted it may be gone sooner.

May 13, 2023 8:20 PM in response to jovon256

jovon256 Said:

"Deceased loved ones iCloud Photos: My ex wife recently passed and I have access to her iCloud Photos. Seeing as to how no one is paying for her extended cloud memory, how long do I have to download the pics in question before they are erased from the cloud?"

-------

Getting Access to Photos:

Do you have access to all of her iCloud? If so, download it, if permitted. You can them search through it, using the Search Bar on the top-right cornet of the Finder window. Troubleshooting iCloud Photos Access:

-------

Download All of iCloud:

One thought would be to download all of iCloud to an external drive, and then search through it in Finder on ausing the search bar on the top-right corner of the Finder window. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Deceased loved ones iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.