Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

I want to back up my Phone without connecting to a wifi network

Posted on May 13, 2023 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 10:08 PM

Hello stompie241!

No problem! You can back up your iPhone using a computer. To learn how, please see: Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

6 replies

May 13, 2023 10:17 PM in response to stompie241

stompie241 Said:

"I want to back up my Phone without connecting to a wifi network"

-------

Backing Up an iPhone Without WiFi:

You can use Ethernet on a computer. Or, update to the computer, directly.

Use a Mac: How to Back Up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Or...

Use a PC: Back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

May 13, 2023 11:53 PM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman Said:

"An iPhone 12 and newer with a 5G connection can back up to iCloud via cellular. This assumes your data cap allows that."

-------

Updating Using a Computer:

I may have misread the OP's reply. Having replied to my reply about computer use, I took the reply as if they were using Cellular on a computer. I stand corrected, if not the case.

May 13, 2023 11:01 PM in response to stompie241

stompie241 Said:

"Is it possible to do the phone back up through the local cellphone network, why is this option excluded on the backup option. My data contract is not an issue to do it"

-------

Backing Up Using Cellular:

No. Backing up using cellular is not an option. The reason this is so is probably because it would take oh so long to complete. Apple wants it to be successful, and wants the best for its users. On top op that, remember that there is only so much that broadband can handle. That's just the way Apple designed it.

May 13, 2023 11:03 PM in response to stompie241

stompie241 wrote:

Is it possible to do the phone back up through the local cellphone network, why is this option excluded on the backup option. My data contract is not an issue to do it

An iPhone 12 and newer with a 5G connection can back up to iCloud via cellular. This assumes your data cap allows that.

If that is not an option, your carrier may be able to provide you with a MiFi or Jetpack Wi-Fi router, connected to the carrier 5G. And your data cap allows, of course.

Otherwise, as mentioned above, connect to and use Mac or Windows.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.