Removing Maps on Lock Screen

Does anyone know how to remove Apple Maps full display from the lock screen? I’m fine with it displaying a Map notification, but right now, the map takes up my entire screen. Does anyone know how to keep this from happening? I want the music or podcast widget to still be displayed when my phone is locked even when I’m using Maps.

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on May 14, 2023 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 7:12 PM

You can stop it. When maps is on the Lock Screen swipe right hand corner to short cuts. Then pick something like calculator now lock again…. It shouldn’t show up then unlock phone and swipe calculator away. It still shouldn’t show back up when phone is locked. It doesn’t for me. It took me a while to figure out…. Im a taxi driver and it drove me up the wall lol…. Then one day it didn’t show…. Took me ages to retrace my steps and what i had done. Like i said it works for me on iphone 14 pro max good luck

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 7:12 PM in response to Bigty88

You can stop it. When maps is on the Lock Screen swipe right hand corner to short cuts. Then pick something like calculator now lock again…. It shouldn’t show up then unlock phone and swipe calculator away. It still shouldn’t show back up when phone is locked. It doesn’t for me. It took me a while to figure out…. Im a taxi driver and it drove me up the wall lol…. Then one day it didn’t show…. Took me ages to retrace my steps and what i had done. Like i said it works for me on iphone 14 pro max good luck

May 20, 2023 8:37 AM in response to Bigty88

Removing Maps on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.