Can download but not install update on iPhone 12

I can download the latest iOS for iPhone 12 but when I try to install it, I get the “you are not connected to the internet message”. I’ve followed the advice to delete old uninstalled iOS and tried again, but still not installing.

iPhone 12

Posted on May 14, 2023 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 2:03 PM

Hello eastcoast4,

If you're unable to install an update directly on the device, you can try these suggested steps: If your iPhone or iPad won't update

If you're still unable to install it directly on the device, then you'll need to install it through a computer instead: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes

As always, make sure you have a current backup of your device before attempting any updates: Back up iPhone

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 2:03 PM in response to eastcoast4

Hello eastcoast4,

If you're unable to install an update directly on the device, you can try these suggested steps: If your iPhone or iPad won't update

If you're still unable to install it directly on the device, then you'll need to install it through a computer instead: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes

As always, make sure you have a current backup of your device before attempting any updates: Back up iPhone

Cheers!

Can download but not install update on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.